National Board Coaching Saturday (Virtual)
Please note: registration will close two weeks prior to the event to ensure we have enough Board-certified teachers available to assist you.
Coaching Saturdays are designed to guide candidates through the National Board process with coaching and mentoring support from Board-certified teachers. Aid comes in the form of an analytical review of portfolio and assessment components and through conversations about an individual’s practice as it relates to the requirements established by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). The opportunity allows candidates to establish relationships with one another to work solo, one-on-one, and/or in small groups.
- The NBPTS component instructions.
- The NBPTS Standards for chosen certificate area.
- Any written commentary.
- Evidence: student work samples, teaching artifacts, videos, etc.
Whether you are a first-time or continuing candidate, this day is for you. Registration will close one to two weeks prior to the event to ensure we have enough Board-certified teachers available to assist you.
During the event, technology experts will be on hand. Candidates seeking technical assistance during these events should have their videos available for sharing and download. If you are attending in person, candidates should bring their recording devices and all necessary cords or cables. We would also recommend that you have your recording downloaded to a flash drive or to a digital share folder such as Google Drive.
- Reflect on and complete individualized goals.
- Write commentary produced in collaborative and/or quiet environments.
- Identify new goals as a result of analytical reviews of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards components and coaching conversations with Board-certified teachers.
- Understand the National Board components and source documents.
- Develop a sense of accomplishment for having participated in engaging and collaborative work time.
All times listed above are in Phoenix, Arizona time.