National Board Pre-Candidacy Class - Winter 2023
This is STEP 1 toward National Board Certification.
As a National Board candidate, you will engage in reflection about your practice, your accomplishments, and your professional goals. As a result of pursuing National Board Certification, educators often feel a renewed passion for their profession and a renewed commitment to the work. Prior to becoming a National Board candidate, the Pre-Candidacy class, offered by the Arizona K12 Center, provides you with an opportunity to explore the National Board Professional Teaching Standards and the process of becoming Board-certified.
This multi-week virtual course will provide online learning to help participants build a system of support, while also understanding the foundation and process of National Board Certification. This course will have four online class dates.
After participating in this course, you will be prepared to pursue National Board Certification. You will understand what the certification process may entail. You will also have a better understanding of the documents, materials, and components set forth by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. Since this is a requirement for our funding, you will be eligible to apply for our funding assistance for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Become acquainted with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Dive into to the National Board Core Propositions.
- Gain an understanding of how to analyze impact on students.
- Obtain knowledge needed to make an informed decision about when to declare candidacy with the National Board.
- Gain a better understanding of the National Board Certification process.
Registration includes materials.