National Board Candidate Support Provider Training 101
National Board Certified Teachers across the United States report that going through the process was the best professional development they have ever experienced. As a result, many pay it forward and support other candidates pursuing Board certification in their community. During this one day basic training, participants will engage in high-quality, professional conversations and hands-on learning experiences designed to support those interested in supporting candidates through the certification process.
- Learn skills and strategies designed to support candidates through the process.
- Learn ways to promote collaboration while emphasizing individual responsibility and accountability.
- Understand the resources available and the policies and guidelines required by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) for ethical candidate support.
- Learn strategies for challenging conversations and managing stress.
- Learn ways to support candidates with complying with the policies, guidelines, and assessment practices set forth by NBPTS.
- Identify and analyze evidence in a video.
- Identify and analyze evidence in student work samples.
Registration includes continental breakfast, lunch, beverages, and materials.