We aim to make professional reading a long-lasting goal and we hope you will too. We know reading makes stronger students, and the same is true for teachers. While the evidence is plentiful, the problem is making it a priority and taking the time.
Join our Executive Director, Dr. Kathy Wiebke, for ED Book Club. We will meet throughout Arizona during the 2019-2020 school year and we hope you will join us. The books will be ones suggested to us by you and other education leaders. Register at least three weeks in advance to receive a free copy of the book. Then, join us for a deeper conversation in Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, or Lake Havasu
Here’s a look ahead:
- Tucson: Troublemakers by Carla Shalaby
- Lake Havasu City: What Schools Could Be by Ted Dintersmith
- Flagstaff: Heart by Timothy Kanold
- Engage in conversations focused around contemporary education literature.
- Create actionable next steps for your context.
- Learn about professional experiences from other Arizona teacher leaders in similar contexts.
Early Bird Registration includes a copy of the book (must register at least three weeks in advance) and light snacks.
Please note: The intended audience is pK-20 educators.