Once again, the Arizona K12 Center is providing training in Cognitive Coaching. In this workshop, participants will learn ways to expand and refine knowledge and skills to promote more effective teaching and learning. The focus is on strategies that enhance teachers’ intellectual growth and strengthen instructional decision-making. During the workshop, the maps and tools of Cognitive Coaching will be demonstrated and practiced. Specifically, participants will learn to establish rapport, create trust, and conduct planning, reflecting, and problem-resolving conversations. These maps and tools develop teacher self-efficacy and cognitive autonomy, while also developing a sense of community within a school.
- Day 1: Trust and Rapport and Four Support Functions
- Day 2: Planning Conversation Map, Cognitive Coaching Capabilities, Response Behaviors, and the Planning Conversation
- Day 3: Review and Integration, Meditational Questions, and the Reflecting Conversation
- Day 4: Five Categories of Feedback, Navigating Support Functions, The Role of Data in Mediating Thinking, and Reflecting Conversations with a Meta Coach
- Day 5: Review and Reflection, Filters of Perception: Representational Systems, Cognitive Style, Educational Belief Systems
- Day 6: Cognitive Shift and The Problem-Resolving Conversation
- Day 7: The Pace, Going for the Goal, and Listening for States of Mind
- Day 8: States of Mind, The Lead, and Pacing and Leading
All times listed above are in MST.