Mentor Forums provide a community environment for mentors that are a part of the Arizona K12 Center’s Arizona Teacher Program. Participants connect new learning opportunities, in addition to revisiting questions around the mentor learning cycle. These forums allow mentors the opportunity to enter into problem-solving dialogue so that they can best assist the newest members of the profession.
Mentor Forums provide mentors with a venue to develop their skills and understanding of adult learning, which is a key component of professional development. They also provide a professional learning environment where mentors can reflect on their own practice with support from colleagues.
Each of the five Mentor Forums is uniquely designed and tailored to provide current research and relevant topics, which directly relate to the practice of mentoring.
- Practice using the NTC Online Tools to support their mentoring practice.
- Review and learn strategies to embed the InTASC standards into best practices.
- Plan for data collection and goal setting showing impact of mentoring.
- Focus on mentoring for equity.
- Role-play, while practicing mentoring language and skills to support the beginning teacher.
Registration includes training and materials.
Online date: Sept 17, 2020.
In-person dates with lunch provided: Jan 21, Mar 25, and May 4, 2021.
Please note: This training takes place during four, one-day sessions, with the option to check in virtually, in a month in which a forum is not scheduled.
All times listed above are in MST.