16th Annual Teacher Leadership Institute: Where Curiosity and Leadership Unite
After what has likely been the most challenging school year in many teachers’ careers, we are offering this summer’s 16th Annual Teacher Leadership Institute at no cost to Arizona educators to help re-energize, refuel, and unite the Arizona teacher leader community. We are also excited to offer this high-caliber event in a new online platform that will also allow for additional interaction and collaboration.
The Arizona K12 Center invites Arizona educators to join us online for the 16th Annual Teacher Leadership Institute: Where Curiosity and Leadership Unite. Come together with hundreds of teachers from across the state for a dynamic online experience to explore how educators can be present in an inquiry stance as a way to step up and lead for equity in their schools and communities. Teacher leaders and administrators are encouraged to attend in teams or individually to develop sustainable plans to implement within their individual contexts.
This two-and-a-half day experience is filled with keynotes, workshop-style general sessions, engaging breakouts, and a variety of teacher leader stories from five Arizona Teacher Leader Spotlights that inspire future action of those who attend. This year’s exciting keynotes include these outstanding educators:
- Dr. Gholnecsar “Gholdy” Muhammad, a former reading, language arts, and social studies middle school teacher and district curriculum director who is now an associate professor of education and secondary education at Georgia State University and author of Cultivating Genius: An Equity Framework for Culturally and Historically Responsive Literacy.
- Trevor Mackenzie, inquiry practitioner and award-winning educator currently teaching at Greater Victoria School District in Victoria, Canada, and author of Inquiry Mindset and Dive into Inquiry.
- Jaime Casap, former Google Education Evangelist and author of Our First Talk about Poverty who continues to partner and advocate for education across the country.
Members from our Arizona TeacherSolutions Team will be hosting the event and breakout sessions.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Arizona K12 Center's 2021 Teacher Leadership Report, please complete the following:
1. Complete your event registration above AND
2. Provide your current mailing address at this link: bit.ly/TLIReportRequest prior to June 7, 2021
**TO RECEIVE A HARD COPY OF THE REPORT, YOU MUST FOLLOW BOTH OF THE STEPS ABOVE.**
We will have an electronic copy of the report available as well.
Event access will be emailed to participants in the days prior to the event.
Please contact Marissa Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7, 2021 if you require accommodations (such as closed captioning) for this virtual event.
All times listed are in MST/Phoenix, AZ time.