S8 Episode 3: PD in 30: Optimize Your Live and Recorded Videos
Hang out with tech experts Tony Vincent and Sara Mora in this PD in 30 segment of 3Ps in a Pod. PD in 30 is exactly what it sounds like: a professional development session in 30 minutes or less. This segment is most beneficial if you’re able to listen with a pencil and paper in hand and can easily hit the pause and play buttons on your listening device. Feel free to listen with a group of other teachers or by yourself.
Tony Vincent of Learning in Hand and Sara Mora of Sahuarita Unified School District talk about the advantages and disadvantages of live and recorded videos, tips to make them both effective for student learning, and ideas for creative interaction over video.
Here are links to many of the videos, websites, and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Quarantined with Mrs. Speed
- How Brené Brown Runs Emotionally Intelligent Zoom Meetings
- Flipgrid at Flipgrid.com
- Alice Keeler Webcam Record extension for Chrome
- Flipgrid Discovery Library: Conversation Starters
- Video Tutorial Library (select “Make a Copy” to open up your own file)
Learn more about the Arizona K12 Center at azk12.org.