National Board Guidance
The Arizona K12 Center has funding to support Arizona teachers toward National Board Certification. Teachers who successfully complete a Pre-Candidacy class are eligible for funding to cover the costs of up to four components ($475 per component). The teacher is responsible for the $75 application fee for every year they are a candidate.
For the 2023-2024 National Board cycle, funding assistance is available for first time and continuing candidates. Teachers interested in applying for the Arizona K12 Center’s funding assistance must meet the requirements set forth by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (i.e., hold a bachelor’s degree, possess a valid state teaching/counseling license for that period of time, etc.). Click here to connect with NBPTS for more information.
Funding applications will be accepted during the funding assistance window listed below, and all applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding decisions will be made within 15 business days of application submission during these windows:
Continuing Candidate Window: May 1- October 23, 2023
New Candidate Window: May 1- October 23, 2023
To apply, please fill out the application provided following your Pre-Candidacy Class. If you attended Pre-Candidacy in the past, please email Kendall Waite (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the application.
Maintenance of Certification Candidate Window: May 1- October 23, 2023
Retake Candidate Window: December 9, 2023-January 26, 2024
In addition to meeting NBPTS qualifying criteria, teachers interested in applying for funding assistance should meet the additional criteria below that aligns to their funding application level.
● New candidates have not yet submitted any components during the 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23 cycles.
● Successful completion of Pre-Candidacy class for funding consideration (successful completion within the past three years).
● Must pay for the $75 annual fee.
● Must attend the monthly small group meetings.
● Must submit a copy of your score report.
● Must teach in Arizona for one year after submitting all initial component attempts.
● A copy of your score transcript MUST be sent to email@example.com before funds will be approved.
● Continuing candidates have submitted at least one component during the 2018-19, 2019-20 or 2020-21, 2021-22, or 2022-23 cycles.
● Successful completion of Pre-Candidacy Class and National Board Institute within the last three years.
● Must attend monthly small group meetings.
Maintenance of Certification Candidates
● MOC candidates are eligible if their certificate expires in 2024 or 2025.
● Eligible candidates will receive $250 towards their MOC.
● Funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
● A copy of your most recent score transcript MUST be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before funds will be approved.
● Eligible retake candidates will receive funding to cover one component.