National Board Guidance
The National Board is releasing information on changes made due to COVID-19 Here.
The Arizona K12 Center has funding to support Arizona teachers toward National Board Certification. Teachers who successfully complete the Pre-Candidacy class, National Board New Candidate Kickoff, and National Board Institute are eligible for funding to cover the costs of up to four components ($475 per component). The teacher is responsible for the $75 application fee for every year they are a candidate.
For the 2020-2021 National Board cycle, funding assistance is available for first time and continuing candidates. Teachers interested in applying for the Arizona K12 Center’s funding assistance must meet the requirements set forth by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (i.e., hold a bachelor’s degree, have completed three full years of teaching/counseling experience, possess a valid state teaching/counseling license for that period of time, etc.). Click here to connect with NBPTS for more information.
Funding applications will be accepted during the funding assistance window listed below, and all applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding decisions will be made within 7 days of application submission during these windows:
Continuing Candidate Window: July 1 - November 17, 2021
New Candidate Window: June 18 – November 17, 2021
New Applicants will be given the application at the end of National Board Institute. If you attended National Board Institute in the past and need the application please email email@example.com.
Maintenance of Certification Candidate Window: September 1 - November 17, 2021
Retake Candidate Window: December 2021- January 28, 2022
In addition to meeting NBPTS qualifying criteria, teachers interested in applying for funding assistance should meet the additional criteria below that aligns to their funding application level.
● New candidates have not yet submitted any components during the 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21 cycles.
● Successful completion of Pre-Candidacy class and a National Board Institute for funding consideration (successful completion within the past three years).
● Must pay for the $75 annual fee.
● Must attend the monthly small group meetings.
● Must submit a copy of your score report.
● Must teach in Arizona for one year after submitting all initial component attempts.
● A copy of your score transcript MUST be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before funds will be approved.
● Continuing candidates have submitted at least one component during the 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 or 2020-21 cycles.
● Successful completion of Pre-Candidacy Class and National Board Institute within the last three years.
● Must attend monthly small group meetings.
Maintenance of Certification Candidates
● MOC candidates are eligible if their certificate expires in 2022 or 2023.
● Eligible candidates will receive $250 towards their MOC.
● Funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
● A copy of your most recent score transcript MUST be sent to email@example.com before funds will be approved.
● Eligible retake candidates will receive funding to cover one component.