Ditch the mall this Black Friday and spend the day doing something you’ll feel good about.Nov 01, 2019
Ditch the mall this Black Friday and spend the day doing something you’ll feel good about.
Retail therapy sometimes seems like a good idea — that is, until you realize your problems still exist the day following retail indulgence, but your money does not. This Black Friday, instead of fighting through bustling crowds and battling buyer’s remorse, choose rest, relaxation, and personal growth by trying out some of these great alternatives.
- Turn your Thanksgiving leftovers into a picnic and head to one of the valley's beautiful parks with friends and family.
- Instead of buying more items to fill your closet on Black Friday, do the opposite — a closet cleanse! Sort through your things and donate items you haven’t worn in years to your local Goodwill.
- Use this day to give back by volunteering with an organization that aligns with your values.
- Check out local museums; most are open on Black Friday and the crowds are sure to be elsewhere.
- After over-indulging on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday is the perfect time to focus on physical fitness. Get the ball rolling without visiting your local gym.
- With everyone else packed into shopping centers, Black Friday can be the perfect time to read that book you’ve been wanting to read — not a curriculum book or assigned reading, but something you actually want to read.
- Teaching is one of the most selfless professions out there. Be selfish for once and dedicate your Black Friday to self-care.
- Embrace your inner artist this Black Friday and create a masterpiece, even if you don’t feel like a master.