Brush up on old skills or learn new ones with these affordable (and, in some cases, free) professional development opportunities. Looking to increase your skills and knowledge? Here are 11 educator opportunities to check out this summer and throughout the year. The Arizona K12 Center offers year-rMay 21, 2019
Brush up on old skills or learn new ones with these affordable (and, in some cases, free) professional development opportunities.
Looking to increase your skills and knowledge? Here are 11 educator opportunities to check out this summer and throughout the year.
- The Arizona K12 Center offers year-round workshops, peer support, and more for teachers along the continuum of practice.
- Beginning in August, the Arizona K12 Center is bringing Cognitive Coaching to its Phoenix location. This semester-long course ($550) focuses on strategies that enhance teachers’ intellectual growth and strengthen instructional decision-making.
- ASU’s Creating Innovative Pedagogy through Arts-Based Inquiry ($325) allows you to earn 30 continuing professional development hours in this immersive studio art experience.
- ASU’s Fulton Schools of Engineering hosts engineering concepts training throughout the school year for only $5.
- ASU’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College hosts Sustainability Teachers’ Academies during the summer that pay stipends.
- The Arizona Science Center has multiple opportunities for teachers this summer, including the STaR Program, which pays a stipend and helps educators feel more comfortable teaching science and science concepts. Sign up for a free educator membership if you don’t already have one.
- If you teach middle or high school, look for a free Code.org training near you.
- The Musical Instrument Museum hosts free professional development workshops for educators twice a year.
- Phoenix Art Museum members can attend Arts Integration nights throughout the year and discover techniques to incorporate art into classroom learning ($10 for non-members). Educators are eligible for a special $45 membership.
- Northern Arizona University hosts multiple summer workshops for teachers (with or without housing) starting at just $50.
- UA Science has multiple programs, workshops, organizations, and partnerships to engage educators throughout the year and during the summer.