We curate the week's best teacher resources, whether lesson plans, book lists or perfect printables. Welcome to second semester — a season for spring flings, rising temperatures and squirrely students. Got time for a quick (much deserved!) break? We’ve got you covered with fun, practical, interest-Feb 05, 2016
We curate the week's best teacher resources, whether lesson plans, book lists or perfect printables.
Welcome to second semester — a season for spring flings, rising temperatures and squirrely students. Got time for a quick (much deserved!) break? We’ve got you covered with fun, practical, interest-piquing links to ease your wearied mind.
- Are you a secondary teacher facing 12th graders’ senioritis? Take a look at these articles for a little help: one, two and three.
- Buzzing backpacks got you frustrated? Check out this article’s tips for cell phone management.
- Whether you’re a teacher looking for literacy support or a parent looking for children’s books to listen to together, Growing Book by Book has you covered with nine great podcasts about children’s books and literacy.
- Love playing music in your classroom? Check out this bloggers’ playlists of school-appropriate tunes — she’s got one for pop and rock, one that’s just instrumental, and one of classics. Spotify fan? This fifth grade teacher’s got you covered with over 30 linked classroom playlists.
- Add some science to your Valentine’s Day with a fizzy hearts baking soda science experiment or head over here for nine more heart-themed science activities.
- If you’re feeling sluggish or overwhelmed, you aren’t alone. Be sure to read up on these seven self-care strategies for teachers.
- You need to watch this: National Education Association president Lily Eskelsen Garcia explains what exactly it is that teachers do all day.
- “The teacher shortage is a national issue, but it is worse in Arizona for a number of reasons, including extremely low education funding.” Read about how an education summit held in Tucson last month addressed our state’s teacher crisis.
- In the mood for some midyear sprucing up or spring cleaning? Look no further than these 35 cheap and ingenious ways to have the best classroom ever.
- Freebie alert! Check out these downloadable (and sassy!) character posters to remind your students to mind their manners.
That’s a wrap! See you soon for another resource roundup.