Introduction to Instructional Rounds
Join us as a school team of three to five participants (a minimum of two teachers and one administrator or coach per school) to fully explore instructional rounds.
You’ll learn how instructional rounds strategically connect school, district, and state efforts with improvements at the instructional core, building collaborative networks of educators who learn from one another about improving teaching and learning. You will visit multiple classrooms where you can apply effective protocols and build your skills around the practice of instructional rounds. As a participant, you also will consider how to integrate these elements into your own improvement process.
Day 1: Overview and Introduction to Instructional Rounds
Day 2: School Visits TBD
Day 3: Deeper Dive into the Elements of Rounds
Day 4: Reconnect to Rounds and Address Local Needs
Day 5: School Visits TBDDay 6: Connecting Rounds to Improvement
- Develop skills in using protocols essential to the improvement of teaching and learning.
- Identify how to collect specific and descriptive data that helps identify trends and support collective planning and task analysis.
- Learn key elements in developing a culture that supports improving classroom instruction.
- Identify professional development needs at the school or district level that will contribute toward improved instructional practices.
- Understand the role of instructional core in the improvement process.
Registration includes training materials, continental breakfast, lunch, the book, Instructional Rounds in Education, and transportation to selected schools.
All times listed are in MST/Phoenix, AZ time.