As a National Board candidate, you will engage in reflection about your practice, your accomplishments, and your professional goals. As a result of pursuing National Board Certification, educators often feel a renewed passion for their profession and a renewed commitment to the work. Prior to becoming a National Board candidate, the Pre-Candidacy class, offered by the Arizona K12 Center, provides you with an opportunity to explore the National Board Professional Teaching Standards and the process of becoming Board-certified.
This six-week hybrid course will blend face-to-face and online learning to help participants build a system of support, while also understanding the foundation and process of National Board Certification. The majority of the coursework for Pre-Candidacy will happen in an online environment. You will meet your course mates and instructors during the week one face-to-face class, and then again at the conclusion of the course during the week six face-to-face class.
After participating in this course, you will be able to make the decision about when to pursue National Board Certification. You will understand what the Board certification process may entail. You will also have a better understanding of the documents, materials, and components set forth by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Become acquainted with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Dive into to the National Board Core Propositions.
- Gain an understanding of how to analyze impact on students.
- Obtain knowledge needed to make an informed decision about when to declare candidacy with the National Board.
- Gain a better understanding of the National Board Certification process.