AZ NBCT Leader Academy
Promote. Recruit. Support. Lead.
Our AZ NBCT Leader Academy is for NBCTs dedicated to advancing this work in their school or district in the 2020-2021 school year. Participants will learn strategies to promote, recruit, support, and lead National Board Certification efforts in their school or district. The Arizona K12 Center typically runs a series of learning opportunities for NBCTs to advance their skills in promotion, recruitment, and candidate support in June. We are collapsing and expanding this work by offering a 3-day, 2-night AZ NBCT Leader Academy. This event will have some of the things we typically hold in June (e.g., Pre-candidacy Class training, coaching candidates, etc.) as well as some new learning opportunities (e.g., learning from NBCTs who have created dynamic programs in their district, ethical candidate support, etc.). The goals of our AZ NBCT Leader Academy are three-fold:
- To prepare teams of Candidate Support Providers to meet the needs of the school/district teams to promote, recruit, and support candidates for National Board Certification.
- Connect district teams with other resources throughout the state.
- To provide differentiated support to schools and districts.
Participants will learn from some of Arizona’s most talented NBCTs. Time will be provided for district teams to create a plan. Participants will also learn the latest news from the National Board as well as take a deep dive into state and district data.
Our AZ NBCT Leader Academy will begin Friday, July 10th at 4:00PM and end on Sunday, July 12th at 3:30PM. We ask that you and and others are fully engaged and present for the entire Institute and committed to supporting/expanding this work in your district after the Institute.
- Learn new strategies to promote, recruit, support, and lead National Board Certification.
- Connect with district teams to network and learn strategies and ideas that yield results.
- Create a plan unique to the needs of their district for the 2020-2021 school year.
Registration includes materials to promote, recruit, and support teachers seeking National Board Certification; a reception and dinner on Friday night as well as a networking reception on Saturday night; breakfast, lunch, and breaks on Saturday and Sunday; and overnight accommodations for the nights of July 10th and July 11th.
$500 for AZ NBCTs (Discount Code: AZNBCT)
$575 for out of state participants