AZ NBCT Leader Academy: Promote. Recruit. Support. Lead.
**Participation at the Arizona NBCT Academy is currently by invitation only in order to support teams state wide. If you are interested in attending a future Academy, please reach out to us at email@example.com.**
Our AZ NBCT Leader Academy is for NBCTs dedicated to advancing this work in their school or district in the 2021-2022 school year. Participants will learn strategies to promote, recruit, support, and lead National Board Certification efforts in their school or district. The Arizona K12 Center typically runs a series of learning opportunities for NBCTs to advance their skills in promotion, recruitment, and candidate support in June. We are collapsing and expanding this work by offering a 2-day, virtual AZ NBCT Leader Academy. This event will have some of the things we typically hold in June (e.g., Pre-candidacy Class training, coaching candidates, etc.) as well as some new learning opportunities (e.g., learning from NBCTs who have created dynamic programs in their district, ethical candidate support, etc.). The goals of our AZ NBCT Leader Academy are three-fold:
- To prepare teams of Candidate Support Providers to meet the needs of the school/district teams to promote, recruit, and support candidates for National Board Certification.
- Connect district teams with other resources throughout the state.
- To provide differentiated support to schools and districts.
Participants will learn from some of Arizona’s most talented NBCTs. Time will be provided for district teams to create a plan. Participants will also learn the latest news from the National Board as well as take a deep dive into state and district data.Our AZ NBCT Leader Academy will begin Saturday, July 10th at 9:00AM and end on Sunday, July 11th at 12:30PM. We are inviting you to create a team of 2-4 people all of which need to be committed to not only advancing this work in your district for both the short and long-term but also attend the Academy in its entirety.
- Learn new strategies to promote, recruit, support, and lead National Board Certification.
- Connect with district teams to network and learn strategies and ideas that yield results.
- Create a plan unique to the needs of their district for the 2021-2022 school year.
Registration includes electronic materials to promote, recruit, and support teachers seeking National Board Certification.
All times listed above are in MST/Phoenix, AZ time.