National Board Maintenance of Certificate Support
National Board Maintenance of Certification (MOC) groups are designed to guide MOC candidates through the National Board MOC process with coaching and mentoring support from Board-certified teachers. Aid comes in the form of an analytical review of MOC components and through conversations about individual practices, as it relates to the requirements established by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). This opportunity allows candidates to establish relationships with one another and provides an atmosphere away from the distractions of home and school to work solo, one-on-one, and/or in small groups.
Candidates participating in National Board MOC should bring:
- The NBPTS Profile of Professional Growth instructions.
- The NBPTS Standards for your chosen certificate area (The standards for your certificate area may have been revised since your initial certification.)Any written commentary.
- Evidence: student work samples, teaching artifacts, videos, etc.
- Registration will close two weeks prior to the event to ensure we have enough Board-certified teachers available to assist you.
- Reflect on and complete individualized goals.
- Write commentary produced in collaborative and/or quiet environments.
- Identify new goals as a result of analytical reviews of National Board for Professional Teaching Standards components and coaching conversations with Board-certified teachers.
- Understand the National Board components and source documents.
- Develop a sense of accomplishment for having participated in engaging and collaborative work time.
Registration includes materials to help complete the National Board MOC process, breakfast, lunch, and time to work with coaches and small groups.
All times listed above are in MST.