National Board Coaching Saturday
**This specific Coaching Saturday is designed for candidates who are submitting component(s) on October 17, 2020, in a continuation of the National Board 2019-2020 cycle. Candidates who are submitting in May 2021, are welcome to attend Coaching Saturdays beginning in February 2021.**
It is designed to guide candidates through the National Board process with coaching and mentoring support from Board-certified teachers. Aid comes in the form of an analytical review of portfolio and assessment components and through conversations about an individual’s practice as it relates to the requirements established by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). The opportunity allows candidates to establish relationships with one another and provides an atmosphere away from the distractions of home and school to work solo, one-on-one, and/or in small groups.
- The NBPTS Component Instructions.
- The NBPTS Standards for chosen certificate area.
- Any written commentary.
- Evidence: student work samples, teaching artifacts, videos, etc.
This day is specifically for candidates submitting component(s) on October 17, 2020, in continuation of the National Board 2019-2020 cycle. Registration will close one to two weeks prior to the event to ensure we have enough Board-certified teachers available to assist you.
During the event, technology experts will be on hand. Candidates seeking technical assistance during these events should have their camera, tapes, and all the cables/cords for the camera accessible.
- Reflect on and complete individualized goals.
- Write commentary produced in collaborative and/or quiet environments.
- Identify new goals as a result of analytical reviews of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards components and coaching conversations with Board-certified teachers.
- Understand the National Board components and source documents.
- Develop a sense of accomplishment for having participated in engaging and collaborative work time.