National Board: Coaching for Candidate Success
Are you a new National Board Certified Teacher looking for ways to support other educators pursuing Board certification? This four-day training will help coaches learn the skills needed to take their candidate support to the next level. Through this series, participants will learn how to produce independent thinkers who are more apt to solve problems and work through complex intellectual tasks in an efficient and productive way.
Participants will learn how to:
- Actively listen to candidates
- Interpret verbal and non-verbal cues
- Diagnose needs of candidates
- Build rapport and develop trust with candidates
- Use skills of mediation to help coaches develop autonomy and self-reliance
Registration includes breakfast for all four dates, lunch for the two-full days, and materials.