Candidate Support Provider Training 101
National Board Certified Teachers across the United States report that going through the process was the best professional development they have ever experienced. As a result, many pay it forward and support other National Board Certification candidates in their context and community.Participants can expect to know and be able to do the following:
- Learn skills and strategies designed to support candidates through the process.
- Learn ways to promote collaboration while emphasizing individual responsibility and accountability.
- Understand the resources available and the policies and guidelines required by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) for ethical candidate support.
- Learn strategies for challenging conversations and managing stress.
- Learn ways to support candidates with complying with the policies, guidelines, and assessment practices set forth by NBPTS.
- Identify and analyze evidence in a video.
- Identify and analyze evidence in student work samples.
Registration includes continental breakfast, beverages, lunch, and materials.
All times listed above are in MST/Phoenix, AZ time.